- Teams consist of ten members, each running the same 6.7km leg.
- Team members will run in pairs. Two members per team will start the first leg and then hand over to the next two members of the team and so forth.
Start and Finish
The relay will start and finish at Nasrec Showgrounds, Johannesburg South.
Course and Distance
- The teams will compete against each other over a total distance of 67km (paying homage to Mr Nelson Mandela who spent 67 years fighting for equality, justice and freedom).
- The 67km total distance is divided into ten legs of 6.7km each, but teams will run in pairs, which effectively means five legs. (Refer to rules)
Relay Transition Area
The changeover area, located at the venue, will be used throughout the relay.
Team Entries and Entry Instructions
- Limited to the first 1200 team entries received.
- Only the following pre-entries will be accepted:
– Hand-delivered entries
– online entries (www.entrytime.com)
- A Team Entry Form and ten individual Runner Indemnity Forms must be submitted.
- R1,200 per team of 10 members.
Entry Closing Date
- Thursday 27 August 2015, or when the limit of 1200 teams has been reached, whichever happens first.
Race Pack Collections
Entries for the 2015 Kaya FM 67km Relay are now closed. Thank you to everyone who has entered.
Please collect your team race pack/s at Expo Centre Nasrec
- Dates: Tuesday 1st to Friday 4th of September
- Time: 8am to 7pm
- Place: Link 5/6 which is between Hall 5 and Hall 6.
Please make use of turnstile gate 5/6 for your parking
- If you had not submitted proof of payment with your entry please bring this with you
- Please also ensure that you have your team’s indemnity forms with you if you had not submitted these already
This will take place at 12:00 at the venue on race day.
Awards: A Rewarding Experience
- Gold: To all category winners;
- Silver: To the first 67 teams finishing; and
- Bronze: To all other teams finishing.
THE 2014 MEDAL
Medals will be engraved with the following quote from Nelson Mandela: