We have answered some of the burning questions you may have regarding the event in our FAQ section below.If you require any information which you do not find the answer to below, please email us at: email@example.com
Yes. Supporters are welcome to support their friends and families who are running on the day.
Venue layouts, parking and directions will be posted on the Relay website closer to the event: www.kaya67relay.co.za
The entire event is 6 hours from 08h00 until 14h00.
The cut off time for teams is 14h00 .
The event will shut down at 15h00.
Alcohol is only allowed in the Corporate Hospitality Village upon purchase of a Hospitality Package.
- No cooler boxes or picnic baskets – however there will be food stalls at the venue
- No alcohol will be sold at the venue
- No bottles or firearms permitted
- No coal or gas braais
- No animals allowed
- No branding, sampling or handouts may be permitted in the unreserved picnic areas
- Entertainment on stage with Kaya FM DJs
- Kiddie’s entertainment
- Food and refreshments will be on sale
- Team photographs
- Prize Giving
- Kaya FM 1,67km Fun Run/ Walk – Entries are limited.
- Teams captains can pre-arrange transport plans such as carpooling or drop offs to make venue access easier and quicker.
- Teams should be parked and in the venue by 7h00am
- We urge all team captains to brief their teams well before the day on final instructions for the day so that team members are aware of where they need to be.
- To ensure a smoother changeover process – a helpful tip is to determine your running partners (buddy-buddy system) in the team beforehand.
- The Team captain or elected team manager should be the information link for their team paying attention to; rules and regulations for the day in the race, hospitality arrangements, prize giving information etc.
- Gold: To all category winners
- Silver: To the first 67 teams finishing
Team captains must collect the team race packs at :
Date: 1st to 4th September 2015
Time: 08h00 till 17h00
Venue: Expo Centre NASREC (Link 5/6) at Gate 5/6
There is the 67KM Relay Corporate Challenge race for— racers, joggers and sprint walkers.
There is also a fun walk which is 1,67KM- for those who wish to participate in a less physically exerting race.
Proceeds from the Relay will to go the Nelson Mandela Foundation, which aims to provide library facilities to disadvantaged schools as well as preserve Madiba’s historical documents into digital archives for future generations.
Kaya FM’s social investment efforts have continuously focused on kids and education. The radio station firmly believes that investing in the country’s education will build a stronger South Africa.
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”– Nelson Mandela.
No. The Relay is a timed event and each team member in the group of 10 must run his/her 6.7km distance leg in order for the team to qualify, those running more than once will unfortunately be disqualified.